Saturday, April 18, 2009

Book Arts, Printmaking and Exhibitions.

How busy the semester has been, projects, papers, trips, conferences, work and studying have taken a toll on my productivity the semester. Besides being exhausted, i simply haven't been able to get as much work done as I've been hoping to this semesters. I feel that I've failed to take full advantage of my studio space on campus. I think it's been only three times this semester that I've had a chance to work in the studios outside of normal class hours.
But what i have been doing is wrapping up several projects at once. I believe I've run my final printing of my large woodblock project and will soon have a version framed and ready to start heading out for shows. I'll have pictures of the final thing up as soon as i find time to take them.
Last Sat. i spent 4 hours in the studio making about 25-30 prints. Productive but exhausting.
My book arts class is holding an exhibition "Bones and Bristles" May 1st at CherryWood Studios
in Oswego, NY, 6pm-8pm. It will be an exhibit of our classes projects. Two of my own work will be in it. Including the piece I'm currently working on.
Below are my "practice doodle" pages while working on the most current project. I'm never entirely sure where my projects take me, and this one has been a challenge. It's "Due" on Tuesday. Only 26 more illustrations to go.




My joy is in the process. If I didn't love how i do what i do then why should i do it at all?
Catch me if you can...

No comments: