Saturday, December 13, 2008

Printmaking VII

Well though i lack pictures i think today was pretty successful.

I'd hoped to have everything done by Tuesday, but I'm not going to be quite there.

I took a trip to Syracuse last night to buy more Strathmore 300 Drawing paper in a 10yrds x 42" wide roll. I bought two because i wasn't sure there would be enough.

Spent about an hr in the studio measuring paper and cutting. Then flattening it enough to be able to work with it. Then proceeded to spend about 5.5 hrs in the studio printing. 35 prints later (that's 6.36 prints an hr) I had 15 on nice paper and a little over half of those are usable prints.

but i was only able to do three of each block on nice paper, about halfway though printing today did i realize that i was short my goal of 5 individual prints per block. But i can always continue again tomorrow or perhaps monday afternoon.

I'm not sure about the condition of my large hand prints. It is an epic project and hand printing usually dosent' like me. But this paper does take the ink really well. And if i can figure out how to hand print and where to let such a large print dry in between printings then perhaps i will continue on with my idea. I'm going to attempt to get permission to use the printmaking studio over the winter break, along with all the supplies therein. With some begging i might even get the head of the department to give her ok.

No comments: